Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are unable to open the back bar at present. There is no access to the snooker or pool tables. Updates to follow
Following the Annual General Meeting on 25th March, these are the key points:
1. The Club has agreed to withdraw from the CIU on the basis that we gain no value from our ongoing membership
2. The Committee and membership have agreed to change the name of the Club from Bilton Working Men’s Club to more accurately reflect the diversity and inclusivity of its current and future members and guests. Members will be asked to suggest and vote on alternative names and this process will start at once
3. It was agreed that if any Life Member is barred from the Club for whatever reason, they will forfeit their life membership
4. Outgoing President and Committee Members: The Club’s long-standing President, Mike Dinsdale has retired from the position he has served so diligently over the past ten years. Joyce Dinsdale is also standing down after being on the Committee for many years. The Committee would like to place on record their sincere thanks to Mike & Joyce for their many years of dedicated service to the Club. Mike will continue to be involved with the Community Bingo every Saturday
5. Club Leadership – the following changes will be implemented with immediate effect:
Club President – John Wrightson
Club Secretary – Alan Huddart
Club Treasurer – Geoff Lowde
Trustees: Allan Rothery, John Wrightson, Alan Huddart
6. Development of Club Premises – outline plans were discussed to re-develop the upper two floors of the premises into residential units. A full survey has already taken place and the plans will be shared with members in due course
A full copy of the minutes will be posted on the Club website in the next couple of days.
The Club would like to thank all members for their continued support
There are several benefits to being a member, including discounted drinks and event tickets which are up to 50% cheaper, along with several trips and social events each year.
The joining fee is £10 per person and membership is currently £10 per year or £5 for senior members. You can also pay £3.50 to become an affiliated CIU member which gives you access to all of the CIU clubs in the UK and Ireland.
To become a member (subject to approval), simply download and complete the form below. It can be left behind the bar with the £10 joining fee and £10 annual subscription, as well as the £3.50 if you want to be an affiliated member. Alternatively, you can email the completed form to [email protected] and pay the fee by bank transfer (sort code 40-23-12, account number 90167975), quoting your surname with the payment.
© 2021 Bilton Working Men’s Club